Rampton Family History Report
20 March 2016
Written by Carol V. Merrell
Goals for March 2016
- I have completed the goal to upload copies of our HRFA collection of Hampshire, England records associated with our Rampton ancestors as well as all other direct line ancestors to Family Tree. (I was given permission to publish these Hampshire Parish Records of our ancestors on Family Tree by David Rymill, Archivist. He stated, “If this is just a few pages that mention your ancestors (as opposed to significant proportions of whole registers) we wouldn’t have any problem with this. A credit to Hampshire Record Office would be appreciated.” I have complied with this request.
- To continue support of the Henry Rampton Book through editing.
- To create a documented Rampton Family Tree on Ancestry.com. This will allow others with matching DNA to find our common ancestors.
- My Ancestry family tree is “Henry Rampton Family Tree” and is open to public view. You can find it at:
I have added all Henry Rampton’s direct line ancestors with documentation. I am currently working on the descendancy research for the John Norgate 1767-1836 line and continuing to add names to FamilySearch Family Tree.
- All matches for John Rampton (on my tree) are known cousins, except for Cathryn from Australia. She believes her ancestor, Denis Norgate, is a missing child of our John Norgate 1746-1828 and Susannah Lovelock 1746. She has been willing to share her research. I do not have John’s “Hansen” ancestry, so there are no ancestors in common on those lines.
- Many matches for Fawn Jetta (on my tree) are also known Rampton cousins. I do not have Fawn’s “Dinwoody” or “Young” lines, so there are other DNA matches that have no common ancestors. Is there someone interested and willing to add their Dinwoodey line to Ancestry.com? Ancestry would allow us to share Fawn’s DNA with that additional line to further Dinwoodey research.
Goals for March 2017
- Finish Henry Rampton Book
- Continue descendancy research on the Norgate line.