Rampton Family History Report of LaRaye Sheridan & Carol Merrell
28 September 2014
Written by Carol Merrell
Goals for Oct 2014
- To continue uploading documents found on the HRFA website to Family Tree.
I have uploaded and attached all USA documents to our ancestors in Familysearch.org/tree.
I also have uploaded and attached all pages from Henry Rampton’s Diary and Henry Rampton’s Life History with reference to any vital statistics for our ancestors.
I have begun to upload and attach English documents to our ancestors. I was not sure if these parish records were public domain or were copyright protected, so I contacted the Hampshire Record Office. I was given permission to publish Hampshire Parish Records of our ancestors by David Rymill, Archivist. He stated, “If this is just a few pages that mention your ancestors (as opposed to significant proportions of whole registers) we wouldn’t have any problem with this. A credit to Hampshire Record Office would be appreciated.” I will comply with their request and move forward with this project.
- To review Arlene’s research binders and add all Rampton families to Family Tree, including those families not linked to our family yet.
I have gone through Arlene’s research binders and believe that all binders needs to be digitized and added to our family website so others do not waste their time in duplicating this work. She has thoroughly searched and documented all Hampshire Ramptons. Included in her research are other family names that will need further work.
- To begin searching for the ancestors of John Robertson MacDuff.
I have made contact with a group of MacDuff cousins and have collected all known documents regarding John Robertson MacDuff and his family. I have uploaded these documents to familysearch.org/tree. Our next step will be to find all MacDuff/McDuff/Duff marriages in Scotland and begin building family units.
Goals for March 2015
- To finish uploading England documents found on the HRFA website to Family Tree
- Digitize Arlene’s research binders
- To begin searching for the ancestors of John Robertson MacDuff